Thursday, July 21, 2011

Make'em how you want'em. Not how God made'em

  Over the course of the past 3 weeks my girlfriend has been getting into some arts and craft adventures. She bought loads of a material you all know called "Felt" and some embroidery string. Whats basically going on is I draw her (I have no drawing experience) some odd looking cartoon creature things and she turns them into stuffed animals! It's pretty nifty and could defiantly become her gig. Besides her amazing clean sleek make-up styling (which she does do every now and again for clients), she is now getting into the business of making stuffed animals. Not too bad, not too bad.

  Usually I don't like these underground toy makers or custom cartoonist, even the ever so popular anime cartoon sticker creators. Not really my cup of tea (my cup of tea is Twinning' Irish Breakfast Tea). But I am in love with this idea of weird faulty looking creatures being made with multi-colored fabric and odd shaped bodies. I don't like the idea just because it's my girlfriend making them, but even more so because these creatures are imperfect. They are their own species. Its awesome! Something new and different. I'm happy to say I'm proud of her and her little monster creations.

  Another cool adventure that I myself have been on for a while now is making my own custom cartoon comic book. Yep, I went there. Old School status. Comic books. The wonderful graphic novels created for children by the young souls of very old children. Its something that's timeless. Pure adventure. Loads of wonderful fun. Comic books have always lifted my heart and calmed my soul.

  I've been talking to a very good friend of mine who would be the perfect illustrator/ cartoonist, but he seems to be busy. I previously used one of his sketches in my last entry.

  If anyone out there has a portfolio with all their artwork in it I would LOVE to see it. I'd be interested in working with anyone who's just as excited about this project as I am.

  With all that being said I say "Till tomorrow!"

Have a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment